Friday, February 17, 2023

Refashioning Vintage Polyester

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I have had this blue polyester masterpiece for a while now. It seems homemade, and I always try to save anything homemade because I love that someone did all that work. But this dress was super scratchy. I could never figure out what to do with it. I didn't think I would want to wear it. But then I had an idea.

Before and after.

The sleeves and shoulders were the scratchy part. So, what if i removed them completely?

I cut the sleeves and shoulders off and cut the skirt much shorter.

The dress was much more comfortable now and I love the halter neckline. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.




2 comments:

Maria said...

The dress looks much better & is less retro now. I like that waistline.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment. I like the sleeveless version much better too.
Chickie