Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Peplum top from pillow case (and fabric scrap)

 


Last year I had to throw away one of my favourite duvet covers. I really liked the green print with flowers, so I kept a pillow case that was hardly used. You never know... So for this refashion I thought it was time to use the pillow case. But for what? I went through my pattern archive and found a lovely peplum top I made a few years ago. Perfect, but I needed more fabric! Luckily, I found a matching blue scrap fabric with retro flowers!

I must say it was a bit of a puzzle to place the pattern pieces on the fabrics. There was just enough fabric left for the neckline facing.


What I like about a peplum top is that it shows your waist beautifully and is easy on the hips The darts and pleads will create that shape. However, I do not recommend this top when you're going to have a copious meal. You'll be sorry when you feel the waistline pinching your stomach afterwards:).




Another nice detail of this top is the inverted plead in the lower front. It's such an elegant detail! By the way, in Dutch this part of the top is called 'schoot', which means 'lap' in English. As in 'the baby sits on mother's lap'. Just so you know...




I've done my best to make sure the side seams were joined perfectly. With different prints it would really show if they didn't and I think I've done a nice job!




Hopefully, this refashion gave you a new perspective on pillow cases! You're welcome to share your ideas in the comments!




Interested in more details? Please visit Vermaakster.blogspot.com. I'll take you through the whole process, including a little sidetrack about a bow dress at Eurovision, and where you can get the pattern if you're interested (not free unfortunately). 


3 comments:

Anielskaaniela said...

lovely connection !

Vermaakster said...

Thanks!

I Can Work With That said...

I love these fabrics and this top is so cute!
Chickie