Thursday, March 14, 2024

Low-rise Pants to Cargo Skirt

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I saw a cargo skirt at a shop and was inspired to make one. I started with a pair of linen pants. 

Before and after.

The first thing I did was repair the front where the seam had come apart. 

I cut the jeans open in the center seam.

I pinned them together to make skirt shape. I sewed all the way up the back to remove that curved center seam. 

I made the waist smaller by cutting the side seam open and pulling the back section over the front. 
 
I used a zigzag stitch to cover that cut edge. This skirt was getting a very utilitarian look and I was loving it. I thought this would be great for hiking.
 
You know what else is great for hiking? Pockets. I used the bottom of the pant legs to make 2 pockets.
 
I hemmed the skirt to my chosen length and now it has plenty of pockets for hiking snacks. For more pictures and how-to details go to I Can Work With That.
 






2 comments:

sillygirl said...

Cool! Love the added pockets!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks! I really wanted pockets for all my "stuff".
Chickie