Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hello from Lovenicky

Hello everyone! I'm Lovenicky and I have my own blog 'Frou Frou by Lovnicky' where I babble on and on about sewing, refashioning, kids, and life in general. I am a mom and I'm 7 months pregnant with my 2nd child. I am a self-taught sewing enthusiast. I mainly sew for myself, my son and my husband, our house, and occasionally for friends and extended family.

I have been refashioning for a while, before I even heard of terms like refashioning/upcycling/repurposing. I do it mainly because I don't like things to go to waste for no reason and I enjoy the creativity of refashioning. Although I'm young and funky at heart (hahaha), I'm kinda a tomboy and I like simple clothing. Being a mom to a toddler also requires me to dress simply and efficiently. My refashioning are usually quite simple and quick to do because I just don't have a lot of time to sew.

My recent refashioning projects include (project details can be found on my blog):

1. A shrunken sweater refashion
From:To:
2. Pleated skirt to top
From:To:
I'm so glad that this blog has been set up! I was a big fan of Wardrobe Refashion and I was sad to see it go. I'm looking forward to seeing all the other creative projects and ideas from the refashioning community!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the upside down skirt idea! Fabulous!
Px

Refashion said...

Love the top, brilliant!
Bryony

jessica said...

Super ingenious - I would NEVER have thought to flip the skirt upside down and make it into a top. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - and clever, to boot!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Hiya Lovenicky,
I absolutely adore your shrunken sweater refashion - you look amazing!! xo

Lovenicky said...

Thanks ladies! I can't take the credit for the upside down pleated skirt to top idea. I actually saw that from a Wardrobe Refashion blog post from a French lady! Hers actually look way better than mine.