Saturday, February 19, 2011

Introduction: This is me, Shey!

Hello everybody, I'm Shey, I'm from Texas, I blog at Modesty is Pretty, and I'm so excited to be part of Refashion Co-op contributor's team. To be totally honest I'm no sewing machine savvy but I do have quite an imagination to transform ugly looking garments into cute clothes. I guess it all started when I was a little girl and my momma (who is a seamstress) gave me some thread and needle to make clothes for my dolls, I remember I enjoyed making clothes from scraps of fabric.

Unfortunately for me I did not want my mom to teach me how to sew for many years I refused (not a smart choice) recently I started getting into sewing and had to teach myself how to use a sewing machine, my refashions are simple but that's okay because most of us who want to try a do-it-yourself want easy things to make right?
These are some of the things I've enjoyed refashioning for other past refashions.
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
I hope my refashions can be an inspiration to your inner refashionista!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

A very warm welcome to Refashion Co-op Shey. I simply love those chain boots, and your other refashions are wonderful too. We cant wait to see more!

Erica Louise
Editor on Duty

Unknown said...

Hey Shey.
I remember coming across your first refashion before and thinking it was fabulous then. The rest are just as brilliant.
Px

Shey said...

Thank you ladies. =)

Jenni said...

Shey, great stuff!
I looked and LOOKED at your jacket to necklace refashion, thinking "huh? Shey must have uploaded the wrong after pic!" Then I realized it's the LINING! Good job! I'm a little slow sometimes...
:)
Jenni