Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hieroglyphic Dress

Hiya!  Today I decided to finally use this funky thrifted green jersey printed with hieroglyphics that had been sitting in my stash for 2 maybe 3 years!
  I had an idea in my head to make a kind of sporty looking hooded dress using black to break up the boldness of the patterned fabric. So I took this singlet that I really liked but was cut too low for me to wear without layering and cut it off below the 4th button. I trimmed it into a halter neck then attached my hoody and skirt pieces.
I'm rather pleased with
how it turned out and it's super comfy for chillin out in ^ _^

9 comments:

Lovenicky said...

That's a cool hooded dress! What a creative idea!

KC said...

Nice! I like the combination of bare skin and cozy hood.

Becky said...

Oh, how cute! I love that fabric, too--what a great find!

Unknown said...

Amazing, you are very clever Huli!

Jenni said...

The little pleat you took in the green fabric just below the button adds a ton of "rightness" to the project. SUPER cute and very creative use of a tank top! <3 it Huli!

Refashion said...

Oh, that is PERFECT. The colorblocking in black is so inspired, and even better, the silhouette and cut is super flattering and unique. I love it. Oh MAN -- you're like tripling the length of my refashion queue. LOVE IT.

Jessica, EOD (Editor On Duty)

Unknown said...

Now THAT is creative refashioning, wow!
Px

Sandra Toro said...

is so cool!!!

poet said...

It's very pretty! I would never have thought of adding a hood to a sleeveless piece but it looks really cute.