Monday, February 21, 2011

Pearl bib necklace tutorial

Hi ladies, today I have a pearl necklace tutorial, it seems I'm obsessed with bib necklaces because that's all I want to make, I guess it's because they are easy to make. I've been wanting a bib necklace with pearls on it I had all I needed so I got to work on it one boring Saturday evening.
This is what my bib necklace looked like in the end, I used two different tones of pearl beads just because and I actually like the way the darker pearls pop out.
Materials Needed
Pearl beads (or old pearl necklace)
Felt fabric
Ribbon
Thread & needle
Glue gun
Scissors

Step 1: Cut the shape of your bib necklace, I put the fabric against my chest to calculate how big I wanted the bib.
Step 2: Start attaching the pearls with thread and needle.
Here's how it looks from the back.
Step: 3 Stitch Ribbon to each end of the bib.
Note: Measure how long you want the ribbon to hang around your neck.
Step 4: Glue la little piece of felt to cover the ribbon stitches.
Step 5: Tie a little bow on the side with another piece of ribbon.
Hope you enjoy your new pearl bib necklace!


4 comments:

Jenni said...

Super cute Shey! If you don't have pearls in your stash, this would look adorable with all those white shell buttons in your sewing box. And, no need to buy felt if you have a shrunk sweater lying around! (looks around to see if anyone *else* has bins of felted sweaters...)
Jenni ;)

Refashion said...

Shey, thank you SO MUCH for this tutorial! It's so lovely and exactly the type of one-of-a-kind accessory that we love in this community! Beautiful. I'm drooling, especially that great ribbon touch.

Jessica, EOD

Shey said...

hanks ladies, my friend suggested adding another piece of velcro on the back, which I didn't even thought of but would be better! =D

Ruby Murray said...

This is gorgeous, I love it and linked to it on my blog.
http://rubymurraysmusings.blogspot.com/2011/03/refashion-inspiration-hot-glue-gun-and.html