Monday, February 21, 2011

Inroducing... Claire

Hi folks,

I am Claire...and perhaps somewhat of a novice in the area of recycling. To start, here are some definitions of refashion...

Definitions of 'refashion' - Princeton's WordNet

1. (verb) remake, refashion, redo, make over
make new
"She is remaking her image"


Definitions of 'refashion' - Webster's Dictionary


1. (verb) refashion
to fashion anew; to form or mold into shape a second time

I am a Photographer and Graphic Designer, but studied at Art School and used to be
a painter and mixed media artist. The mixed media pieces were made using things that
were lying around and therefore became refashioned. Nowadays, I tend to stick to making
things that I can wear. Being a Mum and a wife in a small home kind of limits the amount
of space that I can have as a studio, office area... plus all the walls are full of photos, there is
no longer any room for a large abstract mixed media piece in the living room!!
Anyhoo, essentially I love creating and you can see some of my things on my
frangipani designs blog I have also started to spend more time in the second hand shops
than at home, so keep your eyes peeled for some of my finds!
I have loads of great ideas to share too...stay tuned.

Claire x

3 comments:

Bryony said...

Looking forward to seeing some of your ideas Claire! Welcome to Refashion Co-op

Unknown said...

Thanks for the definition Claire. I might just use it here on the blog.

Eddie

Unknown said...

BTW I have done a little editing in the formatting of your post as a lot of code from the dictionaries had sneaked in there. I hope I didn't remove any text - I tried not to! :-)

Eddie