Monday, February 21, 2011

Introducing CarmencitaB

Collecting Doilies

Hello to you all and thanks for having me here.
I am Carmen from CarmencitaB. I love to sew and I sometimes refashion, mostly old t-shirts.

T-Shirt Refashion

I've been sewing for so long, I've even had to refashion stuff I've made before.

Sewing For Two

I have a couple of big projects this year and a ton of smaller ones and thought I would share them with you here. I do sometimes get a good idea or two.
Right now, I am in the process of collecting doilies to make a skirt inspired by the wedding dress above and...


I lost my wits when I saw Junya Watanabe's men sweater jackets so I am on the lookout for an extremely large sweater so I can make a jacket just like this one.
Thanks to our editors for setting this up, thanks for the contributors for inspiring me already.
Happy sewing to you all!







6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Carmencita B, pleased to 'meet' you! I too saw those amazing sweater jackets recently, I cannot wait to see your refashion, as well as the doily dress!

MooBear Designs said...

Hi Carmencita B... I remember a friend sharing a link to your doily wedding dress and have been on a doily binge ever since!! Clever girl you!! That sweater jacket is a MUST! Can not wait to spend time looking through your refashions!!

xo Steph

Liz said...

That doily dress is gorgeous! I look forward to seeing your skirt.

Refashion said...

Oh wow, that doily dress is STUNNING! Never had any luck hunting down doilies but you are renewing my determination to get out there and knock down some garage salers/thrifters in the quest for similar vintage beauties.

Welcome, welcome! And look forward to seeing more of your work!

CarmencitaB said...

Before I saw that dress, I used to say I would never wear crochet anything! Now you should look at me diving head first in "linge de maison" bins in op-shops. You'd think I've gone mad...

Unknown said...

The wedding dress is gorgeous. Makes me want to get married again just to make something like it.
Maybe for a friend or family's dress.
Eddie