Sunday, February 20, 2011

Introduction: Pull Your Socks Up!

Well hello there!
Isn't it wonderful that a group of energetic lovelies have decided to start another refashioning blog?
I'm so proud to be part of this group as I very, very rarely buy anything new and love thrifting and going to flea markets to pick up all sorts of junk/treasures that I can wear straight away or make into something completely "new".

I'm Desiree of Pull Your Socks Up! and I live in sunny Brisbane, Australia, where we are sweltering through the last few weeks of a very late summer.
Despite the climate, over the years I have collected an extraordinary amount of winter clothing as I love coats, capes, boots, silk, wool, cashmere and leather.
Crazy I know, but show me a collector that's "sensible" about their obsession:).
I'm absolutely nuts about early-mid 20th century fashion and if it wasn't for the heinous polyester fabrics, I would collect more 1970s garments.
Instead, I use 1970s sewing patterns to make clothes in cool cotton fabrics from my enormous stash of thrifted fabrics.
I've been sewing for about 30 years and would now like to try more craft projects and make accessories and garment embellishments.
I'm looking forward to seeing your work and getting some inspiration here - I see many of you have already started the ball rolling:))).

5 comments:

poet said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

That pic is just lovely! :)

LF said...

Great outfit! You look like a classier, more wholesome Nicole Richie!

Jenni said...

Desiree, from one coat hoarder to another, Hello!
Cashmere can work in a hot climate but there is no place for polyester, ANY time of year in Arizona either.
Your caftan is TO DIE FOR! Love it!
Looking forward to seeing more creations. (and evidence that you are old enough to have been sewing for 30 years. Did you start in the womb?)
Jenni

Refashion said...

Welcome, welcome! And I look forward to seeing more of your creations. I can see from your intro and photo that you are one creative lady, and am excited for inspired refashions to come!