Friday, February 25, 2011

It's Big! It's Blue! It's Coming After You!

My most recent refashion started out looking like this. It's not just the messy hair and the lack of makeup that's making this dress look miserable. :) As you can see, it's quite largish on me.



I hacked off the sleeves, as well as some of the bottom length. I ripped out the shoulder pads. I took both sides in about 2". I decided to use a portion of the cut off bottom as a sash. Viola! I was done!

As it was a bit chilly, I paired it with one of my favorite cardis that I scored for a buck at the same thrift store as the dress. :)


It's not quite as fun without the cardigan, but it is super comfy, and I'll definitely wear it again. :)





You can see the full tutorial on how I refashioned this dress here.

9 comments:

LF said...

Dang, you are good.

*Off to read the tutorial*

Unknown said...

I love the last pic,lol. So cheeky!
Px

ps that dress is a great colour on you and I really like it without the cardi. From the picture, it looks great!

glam.spoon said...

great refashion and lovely styling with the cardi!

Refashion said...

Thanks, Guys! I'm trying to make more "work-friendly" clothes for my summer wardrobe. :) It's nice when work clothes can be fun. -Jillian, EOD

Sandra Toro said...

great refashion!!!

Ms Wanda said...

What a brillaint make over. And a fab colour on you!

Zoe said...

LOVE this! Day dresses that are comfy AND cute? Yes please! great project, thanks for sharing

MüCKE said...

Yey I love it without the cardi too! Great work.

American Nanny said...

I'm so glad that you left the sleeves longish. Your pics show me that a just above the elbow sleeve can do wonders to update a dress. It seems as if most refashions completely hack off the sleeves and while those refashions turn out awesome I find myself with a shortage of ideas for dresses and tops with longer sleeves.