Friday, February 25, 2011

Restyle # 8 - Pashmina to dress to tunic....phew!

A girl's allowed to change her mind right?? I blogged about this pashmina restyle a few days ago and hadn't made my mind up then EXACTLY what I was going to do with it. Then, after I had created the neck hole, tried it on and saw how much fabric and length I had to play with, I decided it just HAD to be a dress. Oh, and that it would look really cool with a wide black band at the bottom. So away I went. Chalking, pinning, basting, french curving, binding, facing..but aargh! The dress was a wee bit wrong..so my old pashmina went from scarf (to dress inbetween), and finally to tunic like so...

I won't take up too much space here as there are more photos and ramblings an interesting evaluation (ahem) over on my blog. If there's interest in a "how to" on any aspect of this refashion, I'll happily oblige with a quick post here or on my blog.
Have a lovely weekend. ;)
Pxxx


http://portialawrie.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

glam.spoon said...

nice job! I agree with your tunic choice over a dress for those stripes...

Adrienne Honie Ford said...

love it did u do a dress or just decide on the tunic??

Refashion said...

I think the tunic looks terrif. :) I need to invest in a french curve so I'm no longer freehanding my curves. -Jillian, EOD

Adrienne Honie Ford said...

sorry just re read again and realise that it was gonna be a dress then changed to a tunic but i still love it xxx

Refashion said...

...and I totally know how you feel about just wanting a refashion to be DONE already! :)

Lovenicky said...

Wow! Very nice tunic! That pashmina must have been pretty big!

jessica said...

Gorgeous! VERY ingenious. Such great use of the stripes, not a single person would guess it used to be a Pashmina. Stunning =).

Unknown said...

Aw,thankyou everyone. I took a picture of it when it was a dress. (over on my blog) I liked it in principle, just wrong for this particular fabric. Looking forward to having another go at this one and making a few tweaks!
Px

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Your scarf to dress to tunic is stunning - I'm popping over to your blog now!! xo

Liz said...

What a fab idea!

Huli said...

very nice! and yes my guess was right..in the end ;)