Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Look for Less


Hi, Melynda here.
I am a country girl living in the beautiful state that is Colorado.
I have a huge love of fashion. I am drawn to unusual design and clever construction.
The photo I've included is my interpretation of the Dolce and Gabbana jacket from the Fall 2010 collection. I was able to make my jacket using a found (thrift store) vintage sweater, and leftover wool from a previous project. So for a grand total of $1.25 plus tax (not including my labor, as I have a running joke with my family that I charge $1,600. an hour) I have the look for less.
I'm so excited to be a part of this sharing community.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Gorgeous! Those are some really beautiful roses. I checked out your blog, and appreciate your link to the tutorial!

I think your version may be better than the designer one. More wearable!

Sandra Toro said...

beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the jacket and can't wait to see more.

Eddie