Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why hello there.....

Hi! I'm Julianne AKA Huli and I live in the beautiful land of the long white cloud (New Zealand).
I've been refashioning clothes since I was a teen and my addiction to op-shopping definately does nothing but encourage my love of recycling pre-loved clothing...I can't actually remember the last item of clothing I bought brand new! Yesterday I stopped for a quick look in one of my fav lil shops...and found this skirt for $1...
It was clearly homemade but unfortunately not very well. I loved the trim though so I took it home and made a simple light summery top...which is just what I need at the moment =)

And the back:

Looking forward to seeing this new community grow =)
Peace, Huli

8 comments:

ReFashionista said...

Whups! Lemme undo it! yipes!

Huli said...

Thanks ;) all fixed :)

LF said...

Cuuuuuute top! I bet you get so much wear out of it!

Jenni said...

Pretty! I think I can see that you used the yoke seam to accent the bustline! Great idea!

poet said...

This is very pretty! I feel the need to make one too...

Refashion said...

Lovely! I have a skirt that I might have to try this with! Jillian, EOD

jessica said...

Gorgeous! What a great save =). Super ingenious!

Anonymous said...

Looks sweet and you wear it well. It also looks not too incredibly difficult. Well done.