Monday, March 07, 2011

Old Scarf / New Scarf

Hi! I did a major tidy up of all my unworn/unwanted/ and waiting to be refashioned clothing yesterday...ugh what a job! Out of the new "to be refashioned" pile I picked out this old hand-me-down scarf from a friend:
I hadn't worn it for a couple winters and I was about to donate it (I shop at op-shops & donate to them too). But I don't have alot of warm stuff so I decided I could cut off the tassel ends and make a circle scarf which I love and think look alot more modern and are less fussy to wear:
I was left looking at the tassels then thought they might make something fun so I stitched the two strips of tassels together & overlocked the raw edge and found an old bra strap in my stash that matched perfectly:

And made this funky neck piece:
Now I have two interesting pieces instead of one old scarf =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that fringe necklace! Although while reading your post I misunderstood and thought you were going to sew the fringe to your bra and was like "Wow, she is very open about sharing details of her life" but then surprise! It was an awesome necklace.
Also, good idea on the circle scarf thing. Added to idea list.

Jenni said...

Oooo a fringe-y bra! That's yet another idea!

Looks great Huli! If someone covets your fringe, but hasn't a scarf, they could slice up a tee shirt to get a similar effect.

Great job, as always!
Jenni (EOD)

jessica said...

That is FANTASTIC! I really love this idea!!!

Unknown said...

If there were a competition for the most creative refashioner, I think you would be a contender for a gold medal Huli! Amazing - as always :)

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh my goodness I think I'm in love with your super-clever style. This is an amazing refashion project - the red is such a lovely shade and the scarf certainly does look more modern. As for the fringe necklace - ga!!!! xoxo