Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hand Me Down Horror - Can't get enougha them PLEATS!


This I've had in my stash for yonks (Translation: Donkeys years!) I loved the pleats and even the Peplum too but didn't like it all together, I fully intended on keeping the peplum but it ended up being ripped out and cut in half to make some quick and easy bias cut floaty sleeves. For a moment this almost became another sleeveless wonder, but I wanted to prove to those doubters out there that I also have some mean sleeve skills too ha ha!


OOh transparent skirt! totally reminds me of an American Apparel skirt I saw(through) the other day!






The sad before pic with it's too much business everywhere, pleats, nasty sleeves and a Peplum to boot? detail overload!

Roll up, roll up I blog here and whilst I'm far too cool/embarassed to post stupid pics of me in person on the lovely Refashion Co-op, there is a rare ugly action shot of me modelling my next before pic on the original post.

5 comments:

natalli said...

So in love with this refashion. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

This turned out really awesome! I'm envious!

Unknown said...

Its gorgeous, well done. I love a vintage dress transformation, you've made a stunning outfit!

Erica, Editor on Duty today

Unknown said...

That turned out so pretty. Love the colours and the pattern.
Eddie

Huli said...

gorgeous dress :)