Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hello!

Hi everyone! I'm Elly, and I'm very happy to be here! I'd been a longtime fan of Wardrobe Refashion, so it's wonderful to see another group emerging to help satisfy my need for refashioning inspiration. I'm a graduate student in the Boston area, studying new computer technologies for musical and theatrical performance. I blog about refashioning, sewing, crafts, personal style, and sometimes feminism over at Adventures in Refashioning.

Just wanted to share a couple of simple refashions I did last weekend -- two skirts made from the bottom halves of old men's dress shirts, and a tunic top from a men's cotton jersey shirt. (My brother gave me a bunch of unwanted clothing the last time he moved, which has been sitting in my refashioning pile waiting to turn into something fun...)




The tunic was barely a refashion, as I just cut a few inches off the sleeves and belted it...but instantly a very new look!


More detail on my blog, if you're interested!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Welcome Elly! Great ideas here! Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.
Jenni eod

Inexpert Crafter said...

Wow, great legs!

Lovenicky said...

Welcome! I like quick and simple refashions too!