Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Navy Blue Skirt Refashion

Hello Everyone! This is LaLaLauren and I am so happy to be done with project. There is a lot going on here and finally finished this project!

I first saw this refashion on another blog and I just had to make one for me! Click here I used her tutorial as a guideline with some slight modifications and more measurements (I just wanted to make sure the dress covered my bum and wasn't super tight!!)

First I started with a long 1X skirt I got at goodwill for maybe $3




Through a series of measurements and some simple cutting I had this dress!




The skirt was the perfect length for a dress that is appropriate for work. And the waistband was the perfect width for kind of wider neckline.

Click here for my tutorial and blog with numbers on how to cut, etc. I can be found here at the Adventures of Lauren with all my sewing and craft sheningans. ;)

Happy Tuesday everyone!

XOXOX0,
LaLaLauren

11 comments:

Slow Fashioned said...

Very cute! It has a sort of Jackie-O style with the wide neck and 3/4 sleeves! Great job!!!

Corina said...

That's gorgeous! I want one. I'm so making something like that next.

poet said...

Wow! I need to try this! We'll see if I have something I can use...

Unknown said...

That is soooo clever!
Px

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a fantastic transformation, I love it. Great job

Darci said...

Clever refashion! I'm SEW doing this! Thanks, Lauren!!

Jenni said...

Really beautiful design Lauren!
eod

La La Lauren!!! said...

thank you everyone! I really love this dress! probably my favorite refashion I have done so far. :)

jane said...

love, love, love. what a great design--thanks for sharing!

Lovenicky said...

Wow! This is amazing! I have a long skirt that I would like to transform too. Thanks for the idea.

La La Lauren!!! said...

ok i fixed the link! I can't spell!!!