Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Restyle # 13 - Duvet Cover to Vintage Top (almost!)

The other day I alluded on my blog, to this project on my sewing table. The "fabric" is actually a duvet cover I hacked up for the fabric...
I wanted to make a toile/muslin of this pattern. Part of my quest for some vintage style tops to add to my recently purged wardrobe. I like re-purposing old bed linens in this way. They're a fantastic source of cheap and plentiful fabric. Who wants to spend a fortune on fabric for a toile? (Plus blue gingam is eternally cute)...
This is phase one....



If you want to read my rantings about my numerous fit issues ( and why wouldn't you, lol?!) feel free to pop over to my blog and say hi :)
Pxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric!

Jenni said...

Such a cute pattern!
Jenni
eod

Huli said...

I love gingham too & the button up back is very sweet

jane said...

i adore a shirt with buttons in the back. there's just something so surprising about seeing that these days! +1 on the love of using linens as a cheap fabric source :)