Sunday, April 10, 2011

T-shirts galore

I'm so excited to be a part of this blog! I've really been missing posting my refashions; even though I could (and do) post them on my own blog, there's something about sharing them with a community that motivates me to keep up with all of my ideas. I have been doing more of them than ever and love swapping ideas with others.

A few weeks ago, I started out with this pile of my husband's much-loved baseball and football t-shirts:

So far, they've become this nightgown for my daughter:


and a couple of pillowcases for my husband:
I love this particular refashion for lots of reasons: the t-shirts themselves were not cheap to begin with, so it's nice to be able to re-use them. They're super-soft and heavy duty, so there was lots of life left in them even after my husband weeded out his extensive collection, and they make great nightgowns and pillowcases. I'll think of some more uses for the rest of the shirts eventually, but for now the rest of the pile will go in my to-be-refashioned pile.

More details are on my blog. I look forward to reading and posting more!

2 comments:

dameglendamade said...

that's cool! if you still have loads of them, maybe you can try make a sports quilt for your husband and give it back to him as a gift?

Refashion said...

Oooooh, these look like fantastic refashions that will get lots and lots of use! Love how you're stretching your refashioning eye to many parts of the house =). Very clever!

Jessica
EOD