Friday, May 06, 2011

2XL Shirt to 2T Dress

I found this pink XXL t-shirt at the thrift store for 99 cents last week. The fabric was just such nice quality that I had to buy it and figure out something to do with it!


It appeared to have never been worn! The fabric was just in such nice condition, 100% cotton, and in my daughter's favorite color...PINK! Plus it has such neat details: I loved the neckline, and the slits on the side -- so for 99 cents I just couldn't pass it up.

I actually decided to work with the details I liked so much and basically made a mini version:


It ended up to be about a 2-3T size tunic dress, looks great as a dress or with leggings or shorts! I used all the same details too, but with a little more gathering, higher neckline, and a little less slit on the sides. Plus, I have tons of scraps left over for future projects!

After the first time wearing it, my daughter stated that she hates wearing undershirts (which is definitely required with this low cut neckline) so I pulled out some scraps and sewed in a panel of contrasting fabric:


Possibly the best 99 cents I've ever spent!

You can read more about my Slow Fashion obsession at www.SlowFashioned.com!
~ Jessica


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow its gorgeous!!! Well done Jessica.

Unknown said...

That worked out brilliantly! Well done!
Px

Slow Fashioned said...

Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun to try to mimic the details from the original shirt!

Huli said...

cute top :)