Wednesday, May 18, 2011

capetastic!


i've had this kimono-sleeved top hanging in the back of my closet since lex and i went on vacation last year.

when i bought it, i though i could use it as a cute cover-up, but the fit was awful, and i hadn't lucked into my sewing machine back then. i loved the fabric, so i held onto it until i could come up with something better.

i recently turned it into this little piece of magic:

the one thing i'm really proud of is the closure--i hand-made these simple frogs, and i love the way they turned out!


hooray! i've got a sweet cape!

but now i'm stuck wondering: how on earth am i supposed to wear it? i haven't been able to come up with a really good idea of how to work it into any solid outfits.

can you lovely ladies give me any suggestions?

as always, you can catch me over at my blog, the village star.

see you again soon! ~j

4 comments:

American Nanny said...

I went over to your blog and saw the pic of your cape closed and I think that's a much more stylish look than open. I think you can wear it just as you do in your pics, with a tank or cami under it and with jeans. Because it's very flowy I wouldn't wear it with a flowy skirt or dress, but with pants, dress or skirt that has a more form fitting line.

Inexpert Crafter said...

Agreed, I prefer it closed. No point having such a great closure if you are no going to close it.

And I really like it over the vest and jeans, you could equally wear it over a vest and pencil skirt, I am totally with American Nanny on this one.

Unknown said...

what a lovely cape. You are right it would be such a waste not to use such lovely fabric,
Eddie
eod

Refashion said...

Oh its gorgeous! I agree with American Nanny, it looks really lovely closed with your buttons at the front, very elegant

Erica
Editor on Duty