Sunday, May 22, 2011

Funeral Dress to Cocktail Dress (last minute challenge post)

I bought this black lace behemouth a few months ago at a thriftstore. I thought the alternating lace panels were cool. I shortened it using the original hem. The bodice is completely re-constructed. I gave it a wrap front and gathered the shoulders. Right now it doesn't have a liner. I may add one later or just wear it with a half slip. Not sure yet. I lightened the pictures to try and show more detail.





Before





9 comments:

Vic said...

This is AWESOME, tres impressive, bravo!

emma said...

Wow that is beautiful!

Inexpert Crafter said...

Really nicely done, glad you saw the potential in the original dress.

Refashion said...

Lovely!

Bryony
EOD

dl said...

Very cool! You are very skilled. Much envy:D

dl
www.thatcuriouscat.com

Unknown said...

very nice!

Huli said...

oooh pretty dress bet it looks gorgeous on you!

Corina said...

Wow Thanks everyone! I was kind of wondering if I should have done something else with the bodice. I thought it might look too much like lingerie. So I decided to add the liner after all since it's an empire cut a half slip might have looked a little off.

Jenni said...

very pretty!
eod