Tuesday, June 21, 2011

butterfly dress refashion!

Well Hey everyone! I am finally on the mend and able to finish posting some of my refashions. I was in an accident and wound up with a small hairline fracture in my lumbar vertebrae. I spent the past few weeks laying on the ground (b/c that is the only place I felt really comfy) and I tried my hardest but it is very hard to refashion on the ground. I have slowly worked my way up to being able to sit and sew for a little bit. Luckily all the resting I have done has paid off as I am finally starting to heal!

Here is my butterfly dress I got at a thrift store for $5. I just loved the fabric but hated the dress.




Now I used a pattern to fix this dress. McCalls 4440. Not the best one in my opinion as I had to modify the dress afterwards. I was very frustrated with this particular refashion so I am glad it is over. Here is what I came up with- it looks great with a pair of brown boots! :)



I don't have any other pictures on this particular refashion but on my website I have many more. Expect a few more refashions to trickle in as the week goes on. Thanks for reading!

xoxoxo,
LaLaLauren

4 comments:

Huli said...

the new dress looks great on you!

Danielle Renee said...

So cute. The fabric looks even better in your refashion.

Jenni said...

From Sack to Shapely!
Glad you are feeling better!
Jenni
eod

Becky said...

The updated version looks so much better. And glad you're able to refashion again-- hope you're feeling 100% better soon!