Friday, June 17, 2011

From white to blue: refashion by Shey

Hi ladies! Now that I'm on vacation I'll have more time to post refashions, yesterday I was just finishing tutorial pictures when I deleted them all by accident! Has that ever happened to you? And I didn't even had a copy of them so they are gone, finito. Anyways, this is a very simple refashion I did, the idea came from a shirt I had seen at a store a long time ago.
All I used were these two old white t-shirts.
I cut one of the t-shirts in 1 inch strips to make the rossetes and coiled them and pinned them in place.
Once I was done sewing (which turned out more time-consuming than I thought) I dyed it using royal blue Rit.
Ta-da! Here is the end result, I'm actually glad it wasn't as dark as I thought it would be.
Hope I can do more tutorials and this time I won't delete them before I post them, promise.

4 comments:

willywagtail said...

You've done a lovely job and the colour turned out beautifully. Cherrie

American Nanny said...

You're dye job turned out great! I thought I'd post a little tip that is a result of a dye job that almost didn't work for me. I was dying a white garment to turn it lavender and used white polyester thread to do my refashion before dying it. Well the garment took the dye beautifully but the white thread stayed perfectly white. Luckily it worked with that particular top but from now on I'll use either the color of thread that my garment will be after the dye job or use cotton thread so that it will take the dye.

dater36912 said...

Beautiful!

Spindlejigs said...

very pretty...your shirt and American Nanny's lavender, I think i see a project...