Wednesday, July 06, 2011

1 piece swimsuit to faux tankini suit

The teal swimsuit refashioning project is finally completed. Thanks very much to hubby who single-handedly put 2 kids to sleep. I was able to have some sewing/refashioning fun for an hour (it has been really really difficult to steal an hour for myself when having a raging toddler and a 2 month old baby!).

I had been doing a lot of planning and thinking before I took out the scissors for this project. It was a bit of trial and error: cutting some, sewing some, trying the suit on, cut some more, sew some more, etc. That's why I didn't take any 'during' pictures because I didn't know how I was going to do it and how it would turn out.

So a too-long one piece swimsuit:
Became a faux tankini suit!




The new suit feels more snug which I hope will not droop after being in the water. Now I just have to go swimming to see if it will perform as I wish!

See my blog for the steps for this refashion project: http://lovenicky-froufrou.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a clever thing to do to a swim suit that's too long. I love the colour too! Happy swimming!
Eddie
eod

Unknown said...

DifferentForGirls.co.uk offers beautiful Bikinis and Tankinis
Tankini