Tuesday, July 05, 2011

5 Minute Skirt Refashion

Hello all!

I did a quick refashion for a 4th of July weekend outfit. I got the original dress (below) 2 years ago from Old Navy for a trip to Hawaii. It was marked down 50% because of a small (easily mend-able) hole at the elastic waistline. I was never overly fond of the way it looked on me - Strapless doesn't look that great usually and it had a muumuu-esque feel... BUT I loved the color and the pattern (plus the fabric is super soft) so I figured I'd make something from it that I could wear all the time and be super comfy in.
This was a very easy refashion. First, I cut the top off at the elastic waist line. Then I tried it on, marked where I wanted it to hit on my legs and cut (the zigzags gave a great guide for a straight line). I left the hem raw on the bottom (mainly because I ran out of matching thread... but if anyone asks it was on purpose ;-) ). AND Voila! Perfect comfy skirt for a family bbq!
Hope everyone had a great 4th!! Much love!

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Hope you had a great day!

Love the zig-zag pattern on your new skirt

Erica, Editor on Duty