Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Christmas in July!!!

Well, I must have been a very good girl for at least 6 months of this year because Santa did get my letter(s) and left me the most awesome present...the dressform that I've always wanted. Now I won't pollute my child's vocabulary by shouting expletives when trying on pinned versions of refashions.

I loved everything about this Dallas/Dynasty inspired number including the color, print, fabric, and (what is fast becoming my fav in refashioning) built in pockets.

Long sleeves and Hawaii just do not mix.
EXtreme close up of old neckline and waistline
"In progress" shot on the newly gifted dress form with the newly braided straps
Finished product with my partner in crime and our ever present beauty pageant waves.
For more info on how I achieved this look, visit my blog

Toodles,
Lori


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful dress, removing the sleeves makes a lot of difference.

twobutterflies said...

Great job!!