Saturday, July 02, 2011

the t-skirt

Hello, resewists! I'm Jenny, over here. I’ve been playing around with the idea of morphing a t-shirt and skirt into one piece for a while now. I finally tried it. This is the result:

I’ve hung on to this skirt for several years. I love the print but the skirt just didn’t fit me quite right after my first son, Jack, was born. I saved it hoping my body would return to its former shape. No luck there. (Can anyone relate?)

Here's my initial sketch of the project:

And here's what I used to make the t-skirt:



A skirt.

And a t-shirt.

There are many variations for playing around with this basic idea—as many as there are skirts and t-shirts! It turned out to be a pretty easy project. If you’d like to know how it was done, you can read a detailed step-by-step tute at my blog, the wildcards.

Thanks for the opportunity to share, RCO!

3 comments:

Judy C said...

That top is adorable. Better than most things I see in stores. Way to go!

Corina said...

Very nice! I like your sketch too.

Refashion said...

What a great idea. It looks good on you, I liked seeing your sketch too. It is always fascinating to me to see how others plan their projects.
Debbie
EOD