Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tablecloth Dress

With a little inspiration from a dress seen in last Friday's Herald Sun (Melbourne, Australia)

Jennifer Hawkins wearing Ikat Print Sass & Bide Dress $590

I've made my own version of an Ikat dress, from a pastel coloured table cloth purchased for $2 from a trash and treasure market.


Using the Collette Sorbetto pattern for the top half of my dress, pink bias tape around the neckline, and blue on the sleeves, adding extra length to make it a dress, and an elastic waist.



Should have ironed, but you get the idea.


Also on my blog

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing !!
You really can make a dress out of anything

emma said...

Wow, amazing job. I'm inspired.

Judy C said...

It's awesome. Your dress and your inspiration are both awesome.

Unknown said...

Oooooh, great job!
Px

Anonymous said...

Brilliant.

Corina said...

Erica! That's beautiful!