Monday, August 08, 2011

90's bias cut dress revamp

Hello! I thrifted this black satin bias cut dress alil while back for $4 with every intention of wearing it as it was...

But I when I tried it on the other day I realised there was a few things I didn't quite like so I took my scissors to it:
Cutting it just below the bust line & taking it in alittle on the sides to better fit and transformed it into a much more wearable long line skirt...worn here with a satin tie belt I previously made from satin sheet scraps:
I have kept the top part & intend on using it to make something new soon...I just need to decide what!

4 comments:

emma said...

Wow, fabulous job. Looks great.

Unknown said...

A very glamorous refashion. Wonderful

jessica said...

I second Erica's comment, what a glamorous skirt! Love the long, dramatic sweep and the waist tie really adds something. Very versatile!

Jenni said...

I adore the 30s vibe this has! Would love to see how you style the look for a night out! (Or for wearing to the grocery store, for that matter...)
Jenni EOD