Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DIY // Inspiring ways to reuse your tee's

Hey Re-Fashionistas!
Here's a little project I've started doing for the long awaited Autumn months!

Okay so I know it's not reaaally a garment type project but it does involve garments and it makes a nice new feature for your bedroom or living room! Recently I've been getting around to ticking off my Crafty List for 2011 and one of them is something that I never thought I would actually get around to doing but I started it and I'm obsessed!

I've been recycling my old tshirts (&hand dying the plain ones) to thenn be cut into long strips and wooven using the standard crochet loops and knots into a crochet rug! It's so much fun, a little too much for me really because I found myself not being able to wait for the hand dyed yarn balls to dry I just got straight on with knotting into my rug! It's getting quite big at the moment and I plan to have it so much bigger! It started off in a sort of square shape but it's decided to go circular as I've gone along!
Come have a peek over on le bloggie of Sylvieepops :) I hope it inspires you to use your old tshirts for better uses! XO
http://scuzzface.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/yarn-balling/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I just started doing the same thing, quite independently of seeing this post. Only I'm not making a rug, I'm knitting a scarf (from "yarn" made out of strips of old tee-shirts and on size 10 needles). It's turning out a bit stiff; I think maybe a rug is a better idea. :-)

Jenni said...

What fun! Could be placemat, cushion covers, or tote bags too!
Jenni
EOD