Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Maternity trousers



I am now 5 months pregnant and have reached the point where even my most generous trousers do not fit me anymore.
With the help of a couple of tutorials on the Internet I have had a go at refashioning some of my old trousers into maternity trousers. It hasn't been a complete success so far. i need to redo both pairs so that the knit fabric covers more of my tummy and they don't fall down all the time. Maybe even add some elastic.

Have a look at my post and pictures on Eddie's room. I have also added a list of the tutorials at the bottom of the post that have inspired me over there.

Eddie xxx


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this feeling... congratulations on your pregnancy. And good luck with all the trouser refashionings. It's so frustrating to feel obliged to buy a whole new wardrobe when pregnant. Have you considered making a "belly band" and using that?

-e. said...

Good job eddie!

-ErikaH

American Nanny said...

I'm not sure if sweater fabric would work well for a project like this. Seems as if it would not hold the pants up well.

I know for sure that knit fabrics such as a workout top which is stretchy but not flimsy works very well. You can start by making a wide band that you can wear over your unzipped pants to hide your belly and undies and will still hold your pants up.

Good luck! And please come back and share with us your future maternity refashions :)

Jenni said...

great ideas here!
Congrats again Eddie
Jenni EOD

Unknown said...

Thanks all
I am thinking of making a belly band so I can keep on using some of my trousers and skirts. Now where did I see that tutorial?
Eddie