Friday, August 12, 2011

From Despair to Delight

After watching a couple of interviews with Vivienne Westwood, I was inspired to do something about a pink 1940s evening gown that had been taunting me for some time.
It was an eBay purchase and unfortunately the seller must have had one too many when listing as the measurements were waaaaay off and it was too small for me. Grrrr!



The grand Dame herself swore by making do with what one has.
I took a leaf out of her book and removed the bodice from the skirt of the dress I would NEVER fit into.



And I'm really happy with the result ... I haven't even bothered with elastic, just hemmed the top.
If I get sick of belting it, I have a length of two-inch elastic to make a waistband.
Plenty more pics on my blog:)

4 comments:

Refashion said...

Your refashions are always to creative! Love your style :)

-ErikaH
EOD

Refashion said...

Absolutely stunning skirt!

Bryony

Adele said...

wow, i really like that, its brilliant!!! x

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Thank you so much!