Sunday, August 14, 2011

Introduction and Lace Weekly Challenge top

Hi my name is Rachel and I post on my blog idlepines

I am so pleased there is a venue for refashioning after Wardrobe ReFashion.
I love opshopping and am forever buying clothes that are too big, too odd, or not quite right because I love the print, the fabric or wanna try a refashion!!

Its been a while since I made a complete clothing item from scratch, year 10 Textiles and Design to be precise, content to leave making clothes for me to my Mum whilst I did quick refashions, but I am hoping to make a dress from scratch... hopefully by the end of this year… well that is the goal anyway!

Here is a quick refashion I did recently and posted on my blog and was excited I could present it in Lace Week.

I found these pretty lace motifs in my Mum’s stash ages ago: if I recall correctly they were from an embellished tablecloth she thrifted and unpicked apart.

White Lace Motif
Lace Motif from tablecloth
I thought they would look great stitched onto a plain black top: but trying to find a plain black top in an opshop (I don’t buy new!) proved harder than I thought. I finally found a black sparkly racer back knit and after experimenting with the exact placement I finally stitched it on and wore it to work the next day.
Refashioned Top: frontRefashioned Top: Back

I have some more of these motifs so am looking forward to doing some more refashions with them. Rachel xx

2 comments:

Refashion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Refashion said...

Lovely! Really simple but totally changes a plain top into something far more dressy-looking. Love the way you've draped the lace over the shoulders too - reminds me of a Peter Pan collar.

Bryony