Monday, September 12, 2011

Dress Shirt to a Studded Skirt

My most recent refashion started with a thrifted men's dress shirt and studded belt that was falling to pieces. I'm normally not really interested in studs (in fact, didn't have anything in my closet with studs!), but something about this belt suddenly had me thinking about all of the fun refashioning projects I could do with it.

I decided to make an elastic-waist skirt out of the shirt, and livened it up with studs removed from the belt and reattached to the new skirt. Now I've got a somewhat girly piece with a little bit of an edge!


More on my blog! Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

dater36912 said...

Very original!

Elizabeth Ribons said...

This is fun and creative!

Huli said...

sweet skirt miss!

Jenni said...

I'm pretty thrifty, but would never have thought of removing and reusing these studs!! GREAT job!
Jenni
EOD

Anonymous said...

Great idea.