Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One Tricked Out Pony

Hi, I'm from Project Mimima where my mission is to simplify my consumption and accumulation of stuff (clothes), one step at a time for a year.  To do this I've imposed a ban on buying anything new or used that I can put on my body (including shoes, jewelry, hats, underwear, bags, etc.)  I'm allowed to use whatever I have on hand to create whatever I need/ want.  That has opened the door for an abundance of creative refashioning - from little tweaks to major reconstructions!  And all of you at Refashion Co-op have been my site of inspiration.  Thanks!

Here's a little tweak for today.  This is a top I bought long ago (believe it or not) and now is too small. 

 


And here's an insert I added at the side seam from some wild looking scrap fabric I found in my stash.  It fits great now and looks like it was meant to be.

3 comments:

La La Lauren!!! said...

very nice way to make it work!

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty

Unknown said...

I've seen you blog, well done! I'm on 1 year challenge too :) Keep on, you are doing great job!

pao said...

Wow, feedback too! Thanks so much for taking the time to be supportive.

Bartinki, your blog and creations are too cool!