Friday, October 21, 2011

Two Swimsuit Tops Become One

I'm heading out on a boat cruise this weekend, and when packing realised that I couldn't find my bathing costum anywhere! I didn't want to go out shopping for a new one, so I headed down to the local op-shop to see what I could find.

I picked up two bathing tops: a pink and red hibiscus flower crop-top, and a little red top with triangle bust. Because I'm a bit on the busty side, and the red top was too small for me anyway, I put the red top on over the pink top and sewed in the part of the pink top that fit between the triangles of the red top. I then cut the bottom from the pink top and sewed it onto the bottom of the red top to add length. And here is what I ended up with:


Here is a picture of me part-way through the process--before I have added the piece at the bottom and after I have added the piece to the bust:

The pink top was lined with hot pink, so when I added the bottom piece I slid this lining down about a centimetre and sewed over it to create a pink hem like the one at the top.

Now I just need to sort out some bathing shorts to go with it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is great, works really well, and it's great to see a swimsuit refashion for once! Great job!

Refashion said...

The good old 'modesty triangle' - where would we be without it?!

Bryony
EOD