Saturday, November 19, 2011

Accidental 80s Sweater...


Well, this is not how I intended this to work out and I will admit that this neckline would look better on someone else, but I decided to share anyhow.


I got this sweater for 20 cents. I liked the sleeves but I didn't like the neckline at all. I can't stand things up around my neck like that. Also, it's a bulky kind of knit and needed a little narrowing at the torso because I am already thick waisted and this just made me look fat.


I cut what I thought would be a small boat type neckline, but it's a sweater and it changed shape on me and ended up being a giant opening. I had to add a little elastic at the shoulders to keep it from falling off. I think it might be ok with a different tank under, something with just a little bit wider straps. I also decided after my kiddo took the photos that I wanted to try adding some fring type edge from left over sweater material. Didn't take a photo of it on after that but I'll include a shot of it laying on the couch.


This was my first attempt at altering a sweater, so even though I don't love it, I think I am satisfied.















2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi!! thanks for stopping by my blog, i used faux leather/vinyl and sewed them with my home sewing machine. Hope that helps :)

xoxo, aimee
DIY Blog: SwellMayde (Please check out our new DIY cell phone case giveaway!!)

Refashion said...

I like the new neckline and the fringing adds a great finishing touch.


Debbie
EOD