Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cropped T-Shirts - Dressed Up & Dressed Down

The other day I dug into my t-shirt collection, eager to create something new and different. This refashion took ten minutes per t-shirt and I’m so in love with the end result that I have to restrain myself from taking the scissors to a whole pile of t-shirts!



This t-shirt will end up being worn sideways so decide which direction you want the print to go before cutting, if it even matters, which in most cases it won’t. Lay the shirt flat on a work surface with one sleeve at the top and the neckline to the left so that basically your shirt is sideways on your work surface. Mark your neckline with the first mark an inch or two above the armhole seam and the 2nd mark two to three inches below the bottom armhole seam. Then trace a gentle curve from Point A to Point B.
Mark your second cut at the bottom of the t-shirt roughly along the same lines as the line you marked for the neckline.
Cut out your neckline and your new waistline. Try on and make whatever adjustments you need.


I promise you that this photo doesn't do this refashion a bit of justice. You can find a tutorial and pics of the 2nd cropped t-shirt over at The Irish Attic - Cropped T-shirt Refashions

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

love it! I also love when a refashion takes 10 minutes! great job.

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty