Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Halloween skirt

I've made a lot of stuff recently (A few things still to be finished) and it's about time I got around to posting it!
First, a magical skirt I made for my Halloween costume.
The purple panels were sleeves from two different dress shirts. They each have a buttoned cuff that makes the waist band all cool and expandable, but it actually fits me perfect as it is, with all of them buttoned. I sewed them down most of the way and then added a few triangle layers of black tulle between the sleeves. Despite the several tulle layers, though, it was still a little too see-through, so I'm wearing a black skirt underneath. Isn't it cool, though?
I'm a sorceress, can you tell?
But I'll probably wear this for regular times too. You can find my blog here.
By the way, it's National Novel Writing Month! Anyone else participating? See Nanowrimo.com for details!

3 comments:

Refashion said...

very nice! I love how a lot of people refashioned for halloween costumes!

Refashion said...

oops that was
LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty :)

Adele said...

That's really good :)

- Ellie @ Mammy Made