Wednesday, November 30, 2011

the red queen and other stories :)

Hi there! It's been a while since I have has the time to refashion as my exams begin next week!!! I've had a few saved up for a rainy day though so here is the red queen (Alice in wonderland) outfit my friend and I made for Halloween. She was the red queen and I was the mad hatter, unfortunately I only have costume pics but hopefully I will get some of the finished characters soon.The dress is a thrifted skirt sewn on to a primark vest top. We put an old school shirt over the top and sewed on tassels and string to make it corsety.


I also had time today to make this school shirt, I shortened it and made it longer at the back, then potato printed motifs on with fabric paint. Simple but effective :)

Róisín :P

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

Great job on the costume! very nice!

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty