Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Skirt refashions

My Mother-in-Law knows that I love tinkering with fabulous fabric so she gave me the following skirt to play with:




After much sewing, interfacing, padding and matching of fabric, it now looks like this shopper:



I took the belt and belt loops off the skirt and added them for extra detailing.  And it's sturdy enough to stand up on its own!  The handles are even padded for added comfort.


There was more skirt fabric left over so I also added a split internal pocket.  You can never have too many pockets in a bag!

She hasn't seen the end result yet and doesn't know that she will be getting it back as part of her Christmas present!



Feel free to head on over to my blog for more details and pictures:

http://sewselena.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

This is a totally awesome re-fashion! The pattern of the skirt fabric is perfect for the bag. I love the details, it's a winner!

Brigita said...

Wow, great bag and I really like the fabric.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic bag, great use of fabric!