DID YOU KNOW? If you have two refashions ready, you could post one refashion now and could schedule the second refashion at a later time. When you start a new post, simply click on SCHEDULE -- located on the right under POST SETTINGS. A calendar should appear, and all you need to do is pick a date and time for your post to appear on the blog. Scheduling a future post is great for those times when you know you'll be away from your computer yet need to complete your monthly post as per the Posting Guidelines. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Topturned Pants!

Hi everybody!




It is super thrilling to be able to participate in this blog, thank you for the invitation! I've been reading along for quite a while now. I have always loved thrifting and making my own clothes, so upcycling, recyling, or re-fashioning is basically my middle name. ;-)







I live in Vienna, Austria, but am originally from Switzerland. I spent five years in New York, making my diploma in Music Theater. I am a professional singer, lots of Opera, Operetta and Musicals are on my schedule... in recent years I've become more and more interested in what my costumes will look like though, and I am known to be wandering around the dressmaking departments asking a million of questions... :-) (And getting the answers, too!)




















The above is my most recent upcycling project, and I added about a hundred "making-of" pictures on my blog, so you can see how the transformation happened. I'd love to have you come over for a visit! Here is the Post for the Topturned Pants!



If you are interested in the other two projects at the beginning of the post, Here is the post for the Jean-Top (it was my very first blog post!) and Here is the post for the Plaid Skirt.

I have a pretty exciting upcycling project planned for my next contribution here. I'm only saying this much: a new life for my husbands old suit... Hopefully it'll work out!

Happy recycling everybody!
katja

PS: It would be great to have buttons for our own blogs - you know, the scissors button with the writing "member of", to link to this blog here... Or does it already exist?

10 comments:

Lovenicky said...

I love love love your top-turned pants! So creative!

Becky said...

Those look really great-- I'm especially impressed by the denim one!

KATJA said...

Thank you so much! And by the way - yes, I found the button and added it to my site. Thanks!

Kathleen said...

The denim shirt is absolutely amazing - fantastic details. The skirt and top-turned pants are also winners. What a fabulous fashion re-designer you are! :D

Reverse Clothing said...

This is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen on this blog. EVER.

Michelle said...

I need that denim shirt in my closet asap! It's beautiful. You are obviously VERY talented!

Carmencita B said...

I love the denim shirt as well! What a creative way to upcycle a pair of jeans!

Erica Louise said...

Firstly welcome. Your denim top is incredible, I love your style!

Secondly, with reference to a button, you can find one on our 'About' page http://refashionco-op.blogspot.com/p/about.html

Can't wait to see more!

Erica, Editor on Duty

Huli said...

sweet refashions look forward to seeing more of your work :)

Sigrid said...

Those are some seriously cool refashions.