Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Boho Messenger Bag



Boho Messenger Bag



A pair of Old Navy cargo re-purposed into a Messenger bag. I top-stitched seams and hand-sewed the liner inside. The two front pockets and back pockets are functional. I used a small piece that was sewn inside the pant leg that would button after you rolled the legs up to button closed the flap.


I wanted the bag to be almost twice as long as wide, so I used fabric from another pair of pants, adding it to bottom of the cut off pants. I also sewed a rectangle of fabric for the very bottom of the bag (#2). I measured the inside of the bag and using a remnant of left over fabric from a dress I made earlier, I made a liner for the inside of the bag (#3). I also used the fabric from the bottom for a flap, lining it with the liner fabric (pic #4)



#1
#2
#3
#4


You are invited to check out my blog. It's still in infancy, but maturing...

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

Very nice bag!

LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty