Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Prom dress to cocktail dress refashion

Before: one long-ass prom dress from the thrift shop (I'm wearing 2" heels and had to spread this out on the ground for the photo ... trust me, I'm not that tall!)



After: cocktail-esque dress. Looking at it now, I'd probably swap out the floppy velvet bow for a vintage brooch.



Side view. There's horsehair braid in the hem and the dress is made of a stiff silk, so this things has a ton of poof! Had to iron down the pleats to tame it somewhat.



Happy 2012, folks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this refashion! Sooooo cute!! XOXO

Nettie said...

That is AWESOME! Wow, what a difference! It was already beautiful, but now it's also youthful!

La La Lauren!!! said...

So nice! Love what you did with it! :)

LaLalauren
editor on duty

Unknown said...

Love the photo – amazing outfit and hair and everything! thanks



Send flowers

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am completely agreed with this article, and I just want to say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!! Thanks

If you want to learn more about this site: Most Popular Prom Dress