Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How to find a Pinterest Anonymous meeting near you

Yes, I admit it.  My little Pinterest "problem" has manifested itself into a full blown ADDICTION.  Like most suffering from a Pinterest (or Facebook or Twitter) dependency, denial was my first approach:
  "Oh no!  I'm totally fine.  I just do it occasionally.  I can stop at any time."
When that no longer held any dice with the hubby, I decided to try justification:
"Well honey, they do have great recipes posted.  Remember that bacon cheddar bread I made for you last week?"
That bought me some "time" and before you know it, I was THE Pinterest dealer amongst my closest friends and colleagues:
"Sure, I'll send you an invite.  Just remember though, you get caught or addicted to this stuff, you didn't get it from me....comprende?
Of course, acceptance is always the hardest step to take, and I think I'm just about there (read:  I'm "pinning" while writing this post).  So, in honor of my recovery process, I decided to share this no sew refash inspired by one of my favorite hair trends from one of my greatest weaknesses...Pinterest.
 Step 1:  Take left over hem from a shortened refashion
 Step 2:  Snip at 1 side seam, creating 1 long piece
Step 3:  Iron the raw edges in and experiment in tying your hair back.

Visit my blog for more details on how I achieved this look 
or for more exciting refashions.
Maui Girl

2 comments:

The Renegade Seamstress said...

Ok, I can totally relate to this!!!! From the denial to THE Pinterest dealer. HILARIOUS!
Happy Pinning!
Beth

Bubble My Licorice said...

wow this is amazing and really easy
great job!