Wednesday, January 04, 2012

It set me free!


As one of my first refashions I didn't take any before pictures. But I wanted to share what I did with an big ugly green coat, a woman's shirt and a little girl's dress. The look my daughter gave me said it all when I put the dirty green coat into the thrift store bag. Crazy woman! But one wash, and it came out a beautiful green. I'd never sewn without a pattern before, and once I started cutting and piecing, I felt so free, I truly couldn't stop. 
Of course, no before pictures (I'm much better at that now) but this is a refashion from a  girl's shirt, black t-shirt, and an old gray wool blazer that I picked up in exchange for 4 cans of food at my local thrift store. I love the hat. The big black button came from the green coat I mentioned above.
Hats are so much fun to make. Check out my blog www.chicenvelopements.wordpress.com for a tutorial on how to make them. I am also giving away the green coat and hat tonight at 5.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

This hat is dee-vine! I love hats in this style.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Jenni said...

You have a gift for accessories!
Thanks for sharing!

Jenni EOD