Thursday, January 05, 2012

Tux Skirt

This is not exactly what I planned for this project, but that's the way the ball bounces when you're a refashionista!

The Tux Skirt


Dude's Tuxedo Trousers to Tux Skirt
Thrifted :: $5 :; Domsey Express in Brooklyn
White lace top :: Handmade by me :: Pattern :: Lydia from BurdaStyle
Naturalizer Booties :: Free via Freecycle

Here's what they looked like before.

Wool Tuxedo ::$ 5.00 each piece


Tux Skirt, Peplum


This peplum was reconfigured and rearranged so many times. I'm still not entirely happy with it. I think that's mostly because the skirt is too small for me. These may have been better suited as shorts. You can't hear it, but it's shouting "Warning! Your a** exceeds the maximum capacity limits for this skirt!" LOL! That's too bad! Cause I'm digging the satin strip! The waistband, too!


The only deviation from the standard pants to skirt dealio I made was, I stitched down the pleats closest to the zipper on either side. They buckled out in that horrible way pleated pants always do on me (or anyone with hips). It looks light years better like this.

More pics on my blog.



5 comments:

Agy said...

love it!

Hanni said...

really nice skirt :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful job you did with your creative idea, i love it! I am huge on peplums, I recently saw a modern take on the old skirt over the jeans we were wearing years ago and this totally reminded me of it. Great Job!

Nettie said...

Thanks so much everyone!

La La Lauren!!! said...

Very nice!
LaLaLauren
Editor on Duty