DID YOU KNOW? If you have two refashions ready, you could post one refashion now and could schedule the second refashion at a later time. When you start a new post, simply click on SCHEDULE -- located on the right under POST SETTINGS. A calendar should appear, and all you need to do is pick a date and time for your post to appear on the blog. Scheduling a future post is great for those times when you know you'll be away from your computer yet need to complete your monthly post as per the Posting Guidelines. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Thursday, 5 January 2012

Repurposed Gap Maternity Dress Project No. 2

I am leaving to train up north for a couple of days and I expect that I will be too busy to blog so I wanted to get this out before I take off. This is the second project I was able to make from the maternity dress I picked up at the thrift shop, it was really fun. I added a window with extra fabric that I had and applique'ed it with the dress fabric. I also created a nice big pocket because I like big pockets on my aprons.

I got the idea to applique' the dress' paisley print pattern onto the fabric and was really excited about my creative genius....until I remembered that in all of the years that I have sewn...I have never applique'd! So with a little tuteledge from my mentor, I call her mom, and a couple of practice runs, I dove in and I think I swam pretty okay.

My youngest daughter has returned to the nest for a while, I hope to have her sewing when I return from my trip. She is very creative and has my sense of style, you know, boho-riche fashion with a boho-hobo budget, I really crack myself up sometimes. I have a couple of projects that I think she'll have a blast working on. I will keep you all updated.

Before
Everyone have a safe, pleasantly peaceful week, see you in a couple!

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

I like how you used all of the item of clothing! Great job!

LaLaLauuren Editor on Duty